All users are expected to adhere to the policies of the Badge Wiki while editing on the Badge Wiki. If you disagree with any policy, feel free to discuss changes on forums.
Policies have wide acceptance among editors and describe standards that all users should normally follow. All policy pages can be found at Category:Policies.
- Democracy – Democracy is the fundamental process of the wiki's decision-making.
- Ownership - Users do not own the pages and files they edit.
- Protection - Pages should remain fully editable.
- Badge Wiki is not... - The Badge Wiki is a separate entity from a few things.
- Use common sense - Use common sense when editing.
- Manual of style - Manual of style to use while editing
- Protection Policy - Page protection policy.
- Neutrality - Wiki's neutrality policy
- Non-Existent Policy - Pages may be created for badges that do not exist, however, valid proof must be provided for their existence.
- Users don't deserve articles - This wiki is about badges, not people.
- Assume good faith - Assume good faith in editing, and assume that an edit was done to improve the wiki, unless evidence is shown for the contrary.
- Don't delete discussions - Don't delete discussions on talk pages.
- Don't edit userpages. - Under normal circumstances, don't edit other people's userpages.
- Don't feed the trolls - Do not antagonize trolls. It may worsen the situation.
The Badge Wiki uses a three-strike policy for rule-breakers. If someone breaks a rule three times, they will be banned. The length of the ban is determined by the severity of the rules broken.